Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pancake Sausage Mini Muffins With Homemade Sausage


You know those days when it gets to 4:30 in the afternoon and you start searching and searching for recipe inspiration? Yesterday was one of those days. I thought all day about what do I want to fix for dinner. I really get frustrated when I just can't think of anything I want. I want something that sounds awesome on Pinterest but alas, the ingredients require a trip to the store. And I don't wanna go. So... that's how this meal got created last night ;).

I was browsing Pinterest yesterday and saw the post for the Mini Pancake/Sausage muffins. I thought hey, that would be easy and something yummy. Guess what I didn't have in the freezer... Sausage. I had ground beef but no sausage. So that led me to more searching online and I found a sausage recipe at All Recipes and decided I'd try my hand at making sausage. So that's what I did ;). I took my favorite pancake recipe you can find by clicking here, and made my own sausage to go with it. So here ya go!

Homemade Sausage
1 Lb Ground Beef
1 TBS Brown Sugar
2 tsp Dried Sage
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Dried Basil
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
(optional) 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes

Mix the spices together in a bowl. Combine with the ground beef and mix together well. I used my hands so that the spices could really work into the meat. Some recipes I saw said to let this sit together overnight to allow the spices to mingle. I did not have that kind of time so I threw it in the skillet. I browned it and then added it to the pancake batter. I placed it in my muffin tin and cooked it for 13-15 minutes at 350. They turned out awesomely!!



I served them with syrup either on top or you could simply dip them. I also made scrambled eggs with some of the leftover sausage I had. 

As another side item, I tried out the cool hash brown recipe I saw here. These bad boys were awesome as well and I impressed my hubby ;). 

This simple meal can be for a larger brunch or try it out for your breakfast for dinner days. You simply use whatever pancake mix is your favorite. 

Do you make your own sausage? I'd love to hear your recipes too!

I'm linking up today with:





A Peek Into My Paradise
Hip Homeschool Moms

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!