Friday, January 16, 2015

Weekly Review: New Adventures, New Stories and A New Do!

It's finally Friday! Wahoo! This week has been a good one but it doesn't really seem like Friday to me. I'm not sure what's up with that but hey, it is! So that means the weekend is here and fun family times too.

This past week we had a busy one. We worked on school work, had lunch with daddy, science class and lots of nasty weather. Seriously. It's been a dreary week here and maybe that's why my days aren't making sense. Yucky, rainy, no sun for days, colder temperatures miserable type weather. Makes it hard to do much of anything ya know?

On the school front.... We have been moving right along with our curriculum. I am happy to say that this years items are working out pretty well. The only thing we are slacking on is reading in our science book.He gets science from a lot of places and the book we're doing this year is the Land Animals. I hate to say it but honestly, this is just a simple review for him. This child tells me everything I'm about to read when I start on a section. He has the most animal knowledge crammed into his young mind that I've ever seen. This kid loves animals and knows more than I do about them.

We are still working on our telling time chapter in math. This one is an easy one for him although we are learning the meanings of terms like half past, quarter till. etc.

I'm really enjoying our Growing With Grammar series of grammar, writing and spelling. He seems to enjoy it too. It's simple lessons that do not take up a huge part of the day and he's getting it. He still hates to write a whole lot but we are working on that. :)


He is still loving the science classes on Thursdays. I love that he's working with kids of all ages and he loves that he gets to go with his favorite teacher at the science center. It also gives me some downtime during the middle of the day to have adult talks with the other mom's there.

New Adventure...
We all had a new adventure this past weekend. We went to the circus!! I admit I have never been in my entire life and this was Boo Bears first experience as well. Nana bought tickets and we headed down to surprise him as he didn't know he was going. He had a blast!!!

The acts were amazing and there were many gasps and "does her mama know she does that" type displays.
I know this isn't the best shot but this was one of our favorites. Boo Bear looked at me and said "Mom, that dude is crazy!!"


We also got to have Christmas with hubby's side of the family after Grandma was sick during the holidays. One of Boo Bear's favorite presents was a new telescope. We can't wait to use it but alas,,, remember the icky weather? It has been too cloudy to see anything. Maybe this weekend?

Boo Bear also had his first guitar lesson this week. I'm super excited for him to learn.

New Do... 
Mama got a new do this week :) . I'm going back today to have more red put in it as it wasn't popping quite as I or the stylist wanted. Here's a before and after...

We also had a beautiful sky this week as one of the storms passed. Here's the sky to one side:

And here's the amazing other side of our yard.

This picture does it no justice. This was a double rainbow that was one of the most vibrant I have ever seen.

So how did your week go?

I'm linking up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers, Homegrown Learners and Our 4 Kiddos. I'm also linking up with Homeschool Mom's Journal.

8 comments:

  1. Oh the circus looked fun! Glad you all had an exciting week. I'm visiting from weekly wrapup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! We did have a great week and hopefully it continues through the weekend ;) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. The circus looks like a lot of fun. My son doesn't like writing either, which seems quite common for boys around this age. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. They just don't want to write unless it's something short and sweet :). Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE YOUR HAIR!!!! That is exactly what I am looking to do with my own hair! As a homeschooling mom of 13 years, I think I deserve a nice hair cut and time spent on me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it. :) I thought the same thing. It's been a long time since I did anything and figured it was time for a refresh :)

      Delete
  4. WOW that rainbow! Love your new hair do! I have been to the circus a few times...but my kids have not..maybe it's time! 8) Blessings to your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Sounds like a great idea ;) Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!