Thursday, August 13, 2015

Low Carb Philly Cheese-steak... In a Bowl!

So one of my dreams is to actually go to Philly and get a for REAL Cheese-steak. However, that has not happened yet. It is definitely on my to-do list. 

Since I have to be careful with the carbs I eat, I decided I'd try to make Philly's without all the bread. Unreal right? 

This turned out sooooo very yummy! Another bonus... It was a quick easy dinner for a weeknight so that made it even tastier. It got two thumbs up from all the boys in the house too ;-)

Ingredients:

2 bell peppers sliced
2 small/medium onions sliced
2 packages of Roast Beef lunch meat, sliced
1 16 oz package of portabella mushrooms
1 tsp minced garlic
Swiss/Provolone cheese slices



I sauteed the onions, mushrooms, and garlic in some butter in the skillet. Add in your meat to the skillet and allow to cook for a 5-10 minutes, or until warm. Once it's about ready to come out of the skillet, add the cheese slices on top to cover the skillet. Allow the cheese to get all melty and gooey, and you're done!

I served ours with some quinoa and steamed broccoli with cheese sauce. This was one I'll definitely be adding into our regular meal plan. It is simple and delicious. It doesn't take too long to get ready and you can have a healthy meal on your table during those busy week nights.

What are some of your favorite go to quick meals that you love putting on your table?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!